This is a contract role for a Freelance Writer/Reporter reporting to the Managing Editor of Now Toronto. As a Writer/Reporter, you’ll be reporting to the Managing Editor of Now Toronto. This is a contract role that will require you to research and write compelling, uncompromising article pieces that engage our audience. Your day-to-day tasks will include conducting interviews, researching, writing unique stories that touch on diverse topics and perspectives, and appearing on camera in video reports for all of our social platforms.
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience as a writer/reporter covering diverse topics.
- You must possess excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking skills to thrive in this role.
- Within your writing samples, you should provide evidence of your ability to tackle challenging subjects with curiosity and clarity.
- You must have a proven record of driving a story from concept to delivery, and the ability to juggle multiple stories seamlessly.
- You should be familiar with creating content that can generate high engagement on social media.
- You must have a degree in journalism, communications, or a related field.
Send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]